Saturday, February 27

A day on the town

The day started with gobbling sweets, out of pure laziness. B took Edie today, and I went off to spend the day in Brooklyn amongst babyless friends. Lunch in a hipster joint in Greenpoint, then swung by the opening day of a fancy ice cream shop. I tried their ice cream, which honestly was good, but my high-yolk-content custard-style ice cream has an edge. My ice cream isn't there yet -- it's not chocolatey enough, but it's on the path.

Caught a movie with D, then we walked down Atlantic to a nondescript Vietnamese sandwich shop. Had my first bahn mi sandwich, which is odd, why haven't I had one sooner? Crunch french baguette, three forms of pork -- roast, pate and crumbles -- pickled cuce and carrot, mayo, it all just came together divinely. Must eat more of these soon.

E gave B a box of Sees chocolates from her recent vacation, and when I got home, E tore them open and started taking little bites out of every single piece. I was both disgusted and enrapturiously in love with my wife at that very moment. Sweet & sour, salty & fatty, chocolate and peanut butter, my wife's eating habits and my wife....

BREAKFAST: 8:30am, apple crumble, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

AM SNACK:
10:30am, brownie, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH:
1:30pm, buttermilk biscuits with sausage gravy, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 2:30pm, chocolate ice cream with caramel sauce, .25 bowl, hunger 3/5

DINNER:
7:30pm, bahn mi sandwich, summer roll, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

EVENING SNACK:
9pm, bites of random chocolates, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: