Monday, February 8

Edie in a cookie

B has a friend who just came upon a big personal misfortune, so on B's suggestion, I went about baking something special for her. After laundry and during Edie's feeding, I whipped out a double batch of shortbread, this time with some chopped up pistachios in it, and tomorrow I'll dip them in chocolate. Seriously good, guess I'll spread 'em around to bring some good cheer. Like Edie in a cookie!

BREAKFAST: 9am, good yogurt with honey, vanilla, cashews, .5 bowl hunger 4/5

LUNCH: 1pm, large green salad, small quantity of potato chips, 2 freshly baked pistachio shortbread cookies, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK:
3pm, potato knish, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER: 6:45pm, beef chili and steamed broccoli over cheddar-chive-bacon biscuits, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Bought some pre-made chili at WF, thinking hmmm, that might be something I may want to try making at home. With the cooked bacon I had in the freezer, I cooked off a double batch of these biscuits, and damn if they weren't good. Considered the heavy heavy elements of the meal, and in the spirit of eating more veg, I steamed a head of broccoli florets and finished with a little drawn butter, a nice compliment.

EVENING SNACK: 10pm, popcorn, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: