Wednesday, February 10

Snowmageddon Playdate

When the city decided to cancel school the day before, I was annoyed that my plans to go out to the school I teach at once a week got squashed, and had a lonely long day of being cooped up indoors with a baby that needs stimulation. So I rocked out an email to the moms I know in the area and set up a playdate at my house. This morning, B found that her office was basically shut down and stayed in too, helping me set up. About 12 babies and maybe 15 adults came over for warm cider rum punch and some sprawl space in the living room for the babies. It was a good vibe, and B got to see some peeps she hasn't seen in too long. We live in a good neighborhood.

It was also good I recently made double batches of cheddar bacon biscuits and chocolate pistachio short bread, they went down a storm.

BREAKFAST: 9am, fruit smoothie, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH: 12:30pm, sliced pork tenderloin on white toast with whole grain mustard, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACKING 1-4pm, cheddar bacon chive biscuits, a bit of chocolate and espresso ice cream, a beer, a few pieces of pistachio short bread, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER: 7pm, large green salad, pasta with chili, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5

EVENING SNACK: 10pm, potato chips, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Not what I should be eating if I hope to lose weight by the end of the month, but Edie was being cranky and not getting back to sleep, it was definitely a stress-reliever. Potato chips are a step above heroine, I suppose.

No comments: