Monday, May 10

The Ediepie


The morning started rocky with B waking me up late, only to tell me I need to get Edles to the doctor. She's been running a slight fever for a few days, and pretty much refuses all food except formula and water. (No worries, the doc says she's fighting a virus, everything is normal, should clear up in a few days by itself.) We went food shopping straight after, and I realized I was crazy hungry. The breakfast bar is full of all sorts of nutritionally suspicious stuff like old french toast, greasy hash browns, sausages of indiscriminate nature. So I picked up a few sushi items, and made sure to get some brown rice in there to try to keep the day in the green as much as possible.

Spent a mellow afternoon doing chores and lifting weights, and Edie slept through a good deal of it. By the time I left for a bike ride, Edie felt cool to the touch, but 10 miles in, B called me that Edie was shivering and had a pallor and was taking her to an ER. So I ditched my ride, took the subway home and checked in with her every time I got signal on the cell phone. Everything was under control, so I went home and awaited news. I couldn't just sit, I needed to use my hands and keep my mind from spinning out in stress, so I made dinner -- keep the hands (and mouth) busy. A big greens salad while preheating the oven and stretching some left-over Wholefoods dough. Brushed it with olive oil, scattered a helping of raw chopped clams, fresh raw garlic, grated parm, pieces of thin sliced prosciutto and a few grinds of black pepper. I was surprised how good this pie was, almost comparable to Pepe's. While the meat got nice and crispy, it did not supply the salt the pie needed -- the only thing it could of used was a sprinkle of salt, and maybe some melted butter mixed in with the olive oil...

The stress of waiting for my family to come home was still upon me, and while I heard everything was good, I still needed some chocolate. I was hoping for a full-on green day, but considering the situation, I decided to be kind to myself in the moment. The idea of my daughter being in discomfort is such a horrendous feeling.

AM SNACK: 8:15am, large glass of iced mint green tea

BRUNCH:
11:15am, brown rice California roll, shrimp summer roll, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH: 2:30pm, sardine & avocado sandwich, bite of kimchi, a handful of multi grain tortilla chips with salsa, swig of mint green iced tea, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER: 8pm, large green salad, clam and prosciutto pizza, ramekin of chocolate chips, water, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: