Tuesday, May 11

Scary

A rough night of Edie crying and tension, a trying test of our teamwork and parenting, but I think we made it OK. B decided to stay home from work with Edie and the nanny while I spent my first day as supervisor of the restaurant from 10:30 until 10pm. Even though I was intimate with the place and the boss, it was all a bit new, being out of it for almost a year and in a new position with a staff I have only socialized with a bit, not worked with. Like war, it was a lot of boredom punctuated with moments of fear and violence (well, not violence, but hot pizza, surly customers and rushing).

The action part was assisting the front of house staff and eye-balling the kitchen, not the same athleticism that I was performing while working in the kitchen. So while I was too busy to worry about food, I didn't burn ridiculous calories either. Louis was around and served me lunch, and after the rush I treated myself to a house salad -- pizza and pasta is not light food. By my bike ride home, I needed a treat and picked up some non-bricky Chinese.

B seemed to have a good day, and the worst of it for Edie seems to have passed. A good end to a big, slightly scary day.

AM SNACK: 8:45am, large glass of iced mint green tea

LUNCH: 1:45pm, spinach & meat lasagna, 2 slices of Sicilian pizza, half a vanilla soda, water, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 9pm, green house salad, water, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER: 10:15pm, shrimp fried rice, shrimp roll, ramekin of dark chocolate, water, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: