Wednesday, May 19

Oh Cherry Baby

I went food shopping in the evening after getting home from teaching. Being that Edie was home, I was able to relax a little and focus on the task at hand. When I was being advised by a nutritionist, one of my repeating assignments was to go to market and look at the produce -- find something new that called to me, and buy it. I didn't quite get this -- I understood, but the stuff I chose was on a more intellectual basis, not on a 'can ya feel me, dawg?!' kind a way.

Well, a big bag of fresh red ripe cherries winked at me, hitched up it's skirt and said, "hey there. Come here often?" I haven't really eaten fresh cherries, though I put frozen in my smoothies. When I saw the display of cherries, these thoughts went into my head, in about this order:
  1. Mmmmm yum!
  2. My dad loved fresh cherries, would eat them like candy. Maybe it's genetic?
  3. Hey! Fruit! That's a green mark on my diet!
  4. Is Betsy gonna eat these too? Will I be able to finish it myself?
  5. Bow chicka WOW wow!
Anyway. Unfortunately I woke/was woken too late to take Edie to swim class, and by the evening we were paying for it with a very energetic, lively baby who wanted to watch American Idol and crawl quickly across the apartment from 10pm to almost 1am.

Lifted weights in the morning, after only getting one session in last week. Felt good, and it really entertains Edie. If it wasn't for the fact that Edie follows my every motion from her crib when I'm doing the push ups, sit ups and weight things, I probably would be less motivated.

Food today centered around school, where we cooked Italian, specifically some recipes out of Mario Batali's book. Good, but not light. The wine-infused sauteed broccoli was kinda kick-ass, gotta make that at home.

AM SNACK: 9am, large glass of iced mint green tea

AM SNACK: 10:30am, a handful of mini latkes, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK:
12:30pm, wholewheat lavash with the good peanut butter, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK:
1pm, smoothie pop, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER: 6pm, baked ziti, broccoli, fried shrimp, seltzer, 3 cookies, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5

EVENING SNACK:
10:30pm, multigrain tortilla chips with salsa, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

EVENING SNACK:
11pm, organic wholegrain chex with organic dead milk, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

EVENING SNACK:
11:30pm, five Amish cinnamon blueberries minimuffins, water, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: