Monday, May 17

Recovery

This past weekend was full of extremes. I woke up at 12:30am on Saturday and got cooking, baking a double batch of muffins using a sour-dough starter, breakfast pork sausage from scratch and a few other show-offy things for a brunch with another babied couple that morning. In the afternoon I brought some of my muffins to a pot-luck birthday picnic in a park, and nibbled other people's food but didn't have much of an appetite due to the heavy breakfast and lack of sleep.

Sunday I woke at 3am and rode the Montauk Century, gobbling food the whole way. I felt full when I got home around 9pm, but by 10:15 I ordered in a brick of Chinese and gobbled it down, a little fearful of what it might do to me. I fell asleep soon after and low and behold, I was starving to the point of feeling sick when I woke...

MAP came over and we cooked lunch, we had bigger plans for cooking but both of us were a bit moody and off our games. I was supposed to attend Taste of the Nation in the evening on a free pass from a friend working the event, but events out of my control conspired to keep me home with the baby. I guess it's for the best, if I went my dinner would be a role-call of delicious but sinful food, in large quantities!

AM SNACK: 9am, 5 mini muffins, .25 bowl, hunger 5/5
I was trying to get some chores done while Edie was mellow, and I suddenly felt queasy and nauseous -- I realized I was so hungry that I felt like puking. So I went into the freezer and grabbed some of the sour dough started cinnamon blueberry muffins I made Saturday morning and nuked them quick. Once I gobbled them down, I felt much better.

BREAKFAST: 9:30am, granola with organic dead milk, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH: 2pm, sardine & avocado sandwich on whole wheat, sauteed spinach, pommes maxim, 1 glass wine, water, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Cookin' with MAP. The potato dish was out of the c-school cannon, involving making potatoes in cylinders, then thin slicing, placing ring molds in the pan then frying in clarified butter into crispy beautiful potato rings.

PM SNACK: 3:45pm, chocolate ice cream, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
After a short nap, just had a huge desire for sugar.

DINNER: 7:30pm, half a large pizza, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: