Thursday, May 20

Roll!


A good day. I was supposed to go to a playdate drop in but after Edle's limited sleep, I let her stay home and nap so we missed it. Thank goodness I went food shopping the night before, allowing me today to dwaddle in the kitchen and make salad and shrimp summer rolls while Edie slept.

For the longest time I've been buying summer rolls on the fly, thinking, "damn, I bet these would be cheaper and better if I made these myself!" So when I saw this recipe on line, I knew what I had to do. A few specialty ingredients, a little practice, and poof, it was pretty damn good. Need a better dipping sauce recipe, but it's almost there.

Ate a big bowl of cherries as a snack, every third one was sweet, but mostly a little flavorless. Maybe they'll get better as the season heightens...

AM SNACK: 8:15am, large glass of iced mint green tea

BREAKFAST: 9:45am, smoothie, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
The banana & grapes were not quite ripe, so I eliminated the tart yogurt and replaced with a little milk. Plus frozen cherries, blueberries & mango, vanilla, fresh ground flax, acai juice. Not bad, not great.

LUNCH: 1pm, six shrimp summer rolls with dipping sauce, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK:
3pm, fishballs with rice noodle, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
In the park by Canal and East Broadway. Haven't gotten these from the cart since Edie was tiny, when it was warm out before the winter. Time flies. This time I got a small instead of a medium, definitely enough.

PM SNACK: 4pm, large green salad with whole wheat lavash crackers, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 4:15pm, bowl o' cherries, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK:
5:30pm, half a pint of B&Js ice cream mess, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER: 9:30pm, pizza, 1 beer, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: