Tuesday, February 1

Weighty thoughts

232 ---> 231.8

So my weight has been static this month, but I do feel better for sure. Though I haven't been really writing about it here for fear of hexing it, I've been weight-training three times a week, with a new set of weights that are much more effective, as it's very easy to change the amount of weight from rep to rep.

My old set was purchased for me by my dad when I was in high school. My dad and I went to the Staten Island Mall for it, and I remember distinctly carrying the box of weights from the store to the car with great effort. I set up an ad-hoc weight bench in my room in Staten Island with a board with a towel stapled to it, resting on two plastic buckets -- it's amazing I didn't do serious harm to myself. I wonder what my dad was thinking when he purchased that set for his son.

Anyway, this weight set has been following me around for over 20 years, and the chrome finish has been chipping off recently -- since I use them in Edie's room with her watching, I didn't like this suspicious material flaking off into her environment.

Now every time I lift, I feel sore in a few different muscle groups, and have one or two days to recover. I've gone from struggling with 4 push ups at the beginning of January to struggling with 8, and hope to struggle with 12 before this month is done.

I guess the plan for the next two months of winter is to keep eating more in the green zone, keep lifting three times a week, and expect more serious weight loss come April when work goes to 3 days a week and distance bike riding can resume.

AM SNACK: 8:30am, iced green tea
BREAKFAST: 10:15am, small amount of the good oatmeal, toasted pumpernickel bagel with cream cheese and sable, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5
Finally with new doohickies in the cannon, packed a more aggressive breakfast to work. Only had a little bit of the old batch of oatmeal, so made the bagel -- unfortunately, toasted bagel becomes chewy and tough when left in a container for 30 minutes. Gotta rethink this for transport.

LUNCH: 1:15pm, 4 slices superthin pizza with mushrooms and peppers, 8oz Sprite, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
PM SNACK: 3:45pm, green salad, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5


DINNER: 6pm, 4 small slices of Sicilian, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5


EVENING SNACK: 10pm, cashews & chocolate chips, 3 small buttermilk pancakes, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: