Tuesday, May 17

I save it for my wife.

Got a decent night of sleep, ended with Edie doing a rather strong belly flop onto my unexpected belly, knocking the wind out of me and waking me up quite abruptly. If it weren't for her bright smile, partially naughty/partially joyous/partially purely innocent peels of giggles and shouts, I would might of been grumpy (I save that for my wife!)

Slow day in the resto. The delivery driver brought in mussels from Chinatown, we cooked them up with wine and a little tomato. I remember eating these properly for the first time in c-school, and was shocked how good they were.

AM SNACK: 8am, iced green tea
This new batch of tea is pretty good, the kind is "Dragon Health" or something, it's not particularly remarkable, less woody than the straight sencha. But the 1/4 cup of sugar for the gallon really does well with knocking out a bitter tone without making it particularly sweet. That's a little less than a level teaspoon of sugar per pint.

BREAKFAST: 9:30am, waffle, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Reheats really nicely in the toaster, nice balance of tender to crip. Makes me think I need a 2nd caste iron waffle iron to make them in quantity.


LUNCH: 1pm, 3 slices pizza, 8oz Sprite, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 4pm, 1 slice of shrimp calzone, water, .5 bowl, hunger 3/5

PM SNACK: 5:45pm, handful of mussels

PM SNACK: 6pm, large chocolate chip cookie, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 9pm, half a large chocolate chip cookie, .25 bowl, hunger 45


EVENING SNACK: 11pm, small amount of cheesy poofs, small bowl of organic cornflakes and organic dead milk, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: