Saturday, May 7

Residual Appetite

Not the greatest eating day, but definitely felt a huge residual appetite from yesterday's ride. Felt sore in all the right places.

TODAY'S COOKING
Chocolate Chip Ice Cream: Didn't actually have any. Made for a child's birthday party this afternoon, I fell asleep and B&E left without me! I hear it was very popular.

French Toast: Betsy requested it. Used my c-school recipe, very straight forward. 1 loaf challah, cut into 1" thick slices. 8 eggs, 1 quart whole milk, 2oz sugar (I used vanilla sugar), pinch of salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. All blended (other than bread) into a homogeneous batter. Clarified two sticks of butter to fry in. Dipped bread in quickly before hitting the hot pan. Served with real syrup. Pretty good, though definitely not diet food.

Iced Tea: As I dropped in the tea ball to the water, I realized I forgot to add my 1/2 cup of sugar to gallon of water. As an experiment, I skipped the sugar all together in this lightly brewed Sencha tea. Results tomorrow.

AM SNACK: 8:45am, iced green tea


BREAKFAST: 9:45am, donuts, beef empanada, pretzel, lobster roll, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
First day of the Hester St fair. We met a friend the donut shop then wandered over to sample the goods before it got too crowded.

LUNCH: 3:30pm, 1 french bread pizza, cheesy poofs, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5


DINNER: 6:30, french toast with maple syrup, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5

EVENING SNACK: 11pm, hotdog, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: