Sunday, July 24

Another Ride Undone

Up at 5am, out the door at 5:30 all set to meet a group on a bus to do miles out in the Harlem Valley. However, by the time I got to 6th Street & A, the oppressive heat & humidity had my mind racing for excuses not to do the ride. After semi-plausible excuse #20 or so, I realized I just wanted to go home and cool off, and weather reports didn't predict rains and a break in the heat until late afternoon, when the ride would be over. The heat did me in.

Spent a nice hour out with B&E in the morning, since we were all up earlier than usual. While Edie napped, B took off for the day and playgrounds and trundling toddlers in backpacks was the order of the day. When B got home with my dinner, I pretty much tuned out to Sunday night television, the dawn of another week upon us.


BREAKFAST: 7:15am, organic cornflakes with organic dead milk, banana, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5


LUNCH: 1pm, breaded tilapia, spinach, baked ziti, cookies & creme ice cream, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 4pm, pint of grenadine & soda
Still have grenadine syrup, 1 cup of syrup, 4 cups of over-carbonated tap water from our machine. No lime on hand, still very refreshing after trudging in the soupy heat with Edie in a darn back pack (HER idea, not mine)

DINNER: 6:15pm, grilled lamb, potato, rice, bread, water, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
B brought me home left-overs from a Turkish joint she went to her with her fam.

No comments: