Monday, July 11

Hamburglin'

After lifting weights, I aimed to ride the bike to Coney, but caught a flat on the Manhattan Bridge and walked back, showered, then brought the wheel to my main bike shop on the East Side. It was an easy fix, but if I knew I was only gonna ride 8 or so miles and not 30 I wouldn't have indulged in the donuts. Oh well.

TODAY'S COOKING:
Hamburgers: Spontaneously made burgers this evening for dinner, as momma-in-law was over. Haven't tried it since c-school, and I've always said the best way to eat chop meat is to grind it yourself, but rarely actually do it. Got a piece of chuck at the market and some whole wheat buns. Ground the meat with some butter, added some salt, pepper and grated raw onion. Fried in a pan with a little peanut oil, got a nice browning going. Topped with tomato, onion and some Worcestershire, as I actually don't have ketchup in the house (Perhaps I should make some from scratch, as the industrial stuff is blech.) I'd do two things different next time: get fattier meat and go with a bigger grind. It was juicy, but a little bit dry and crumbly at the same time.

AM SNACK: 8am, iced green tea


AM SNACK: 9:30am, 2 donuts, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5


LUNCH: 2pm, sauteed chopped spinach, spicy brown rice, water, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5


DINNER: 6:45pm, 2 burgers, 1 corn on the cob, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

EVENING SNACK: 8pm, multigrain pretzels with nutella, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: