Saturday, July 16

Kraft Dinner Sukks

Woke up at 4am to get on the bike so I could meet my family at the train station in Westport, CT at 10am. Ate some high energy stuff when I woke, a big breakfast half way there in Mamaroneck, and had a big lunch at the inlaw's place, grilled burgers n' stuff. A nice summer day away, with Edie freaking out with joy in a pool.

Ended up doing about 70 miles all in, including a ride with some of the younger bits of the family.

TODAY'S COOKING
Kraft Dinner w/ Sauteed Vegetables: On the train ride home, had a hankering for this dish I haven't made since the years immediately following my college time. I used to make a ton of kraft "mac n' cheese", and sautee keilbasa and vegetables in the sausage fat then mix it all in together, a really heady brew. This time, I eliminated the meat because I ate a ton today already, and sauteed the onion and mushrooms properly -- I used to cram them into a pan and defacto steam them, now I know ya gotta use a big pan. Roasted green peppers on the flame and let them finish cooking in a sealed bowl before rubbing and chopping. Added a lot of fresh pepper to the mix and... it still tasted kinda pheh. I used to like this stuff, now it just tastes tame and anemic. I think Alton Brown has a recipe to make kraft dinner from scratch, I think I may have to try that.

AM SNACK: 4:30am, banana, handful of chocolate covered espresso beans, water


BREAKFAST: 7:30am, bagel and cream cheese, whole wheat pretzels, 32 oz gatorade, 3 chocolate chip cookies, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5


AM SNACK: 11:30am, clif bar


LUNCH: 1pm, 1 hamburger, 2 hot dogs, lemonade, potato chips, watermelon, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5


DINNER: 6pm, kraft dinner w/ sauteed vegetables, ginger ale, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: