Thursday, September 15

Sh@tnuts

Conked out before midnight last night, woke to a happy Edie a little after 7. Today Edie did 2 hours of school, and I waited in the hall, feeling nervous while I heard various Edie-sound alikes crying and shouting. As it turns out, Edie did not cry at all, she was very participatory and happy, and the teacher gave me the go-ahead to drop her off and leave for the 2 hour session tomorrow. Good news!


BREAKFAST: 8am, toasted pumpernickel bagel with cream cheese, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5


LUNCH: 1pm, sardine & avocado on whole grain toast, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Haven't had this in too long. So good, so simple, the kind of food a fancy pants chef would make for himself at home.

PM SNACK: 4:45pm, 2 crappy dunkin donuts, 1 chocolate-chocolate chip vegan ice cream cone, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Thought if I had a sugary snack in the afternoon before dinner, maybe I could avoid a sugar snack in the evening and that could help me get to sleep earlier. Regret the dunkin donuts -- each was only a dollar compared to the $3 for my local, but ohmahgawd they had no taste. Horrible. Lula's vegan scoop shop was between the donuts and home, so I got a cone to make up for it. Funny, even though it's vegan and not as full-bodied or boldly flavored than the real stuff, it's still 5x more satisfying than crappy dunkin shitnuts.

DINNER: 7pm, BBQ ribs, pork fried rice, egg roll, wonton soup, water, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Was going to have salad and falafel, but just had a craving for Chinese.

EVENING SNACK: 10pm, chocolate chips
Hoped to avoid any sweets, but something called me to them. On the positive side, only had a very small handful and it did me fine.

No comments: