Saturday, September 17

Sausage Party!

Slept well, but tried to wake up at 6am, as I need to be up by 5 for the NYC Century tomorrow. Got out of bed at 7, worried that I'm still sore from the concentrated, heavier lifting I did on Thursday, particularly the inner back of my thighs from the dead-lift squats.

Had people over for brunch, good time. Had 2 other Edie-aged kids and one micro-baby over. Made me look forward to having another curly head in the house.

TODAY'S COOKING:
Sausage & Pancakes: Went ahead and used 50% more buttermilk in my recipe, liked how it worked. Maybe do 100% more next time. The breakfast sausage sat in the fridge over night, and it made all the difference -- I realized that since c-school, I've always made and cooked sausage in one go -- it's sooo much nicer to let it sit in the ice box over night, the flavors really come together and make something more than the sum of it's parts. I cooked them in small, 1 tablespoon bite-size patties, simply so they'd cook faster, and it's always fun to eat nuggetized food.

Vanilla Ice Cream: Very happy with how this batch came out. Even though I do this recipe over and over again, sometimes it comes out pretty good, but every once in a while, it comes out A++. The custard has

BRUNCH: 10:30am, buttermilk pancakes, sausage patties, apple betsy & vanilla ice cream, 1 mimosa, water, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Sausage party!

DINNER: 5pm, 2 slices pizza with olives, mushroom and onion, water, a scoop of vanilla ice cream, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5


EVENING SNACK: 10:30pm, slice of veg pizza, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: