Sunday, September 18

Flop

Well, this was not the day I expected to have. Woke up at 4:30am, good weather, felt good. Bike prepped and ready, all indications it was gonna be a swell 100 mile all-day ride on the NYC Century. Eating caffeine at 5am, lots of kerfuffle in the bedrooms, Edie up and crying, Betsy up and blown-out from waking up multiple times during the night. We removed a side from Edie's crib, since she almost escaped it yesterday, but having that side missing had her roll out of the crib a few times and made for a bad night.

Though I really wanted to just get hopped up on beans and ride like crazy at 5:30am, there was no way I could just split on my very pregnant wife and very cranky daughter. So I ditched, B went to bed and I hung out and played with Edie for a few hours until B woke up, then I crashed out, and all of a sudden it was noon. We ended up getting a sitter at the last minute and borrowing a friend's car, and we made it out to Ikea to get a proper twin bed for Edie -- there is no way I want another night like that for any of us.

-sigh- Edie has started school last week. This week she graduates to a big girl bed. Her language has rocketed, she says things every day that I did not specifically recall teaching her, she just absorbs language out of the air. Her latest phrases are "I do not like it!" and "Get out of the shower!" I love her so much, she is so great. And she likes pizza, too.

This bike season sure is a big ol' flop, I haven't ridden this little since my parents passed. I imagine I won't be pushing 100 mile weeks back to back until #2 is in school...for now, I guess I'll have to focus on lifting more, eating less and getting rides in when I can.

AM SNACK: 5am, chocolate covered coffee beans, water, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5


BRUNCH: noon, pancakes & sausage, water, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5


LUNCH: 4:30pm, beef huarache, water, 1 bowl, hunger 3/5
The one bright spot of the trip to Ikea is that we got to swing by the ball field vendors for some good South American food.

DINNER: 8pm, slice of cold pizza, water, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5


EVENING SNACK: 10:30pm, cheese danish thing, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: