Saturday, September 24

Hell Ride, courtesy of the MTA

Spent the early morning applying frosting to the cupcakes, then a painfully twisting ride by various modes of public transportation to Greenpoint -- a 20 minute bike ride became a blindingly epic 1 3/4 hour slog by train and shuttlebus with 3 transfers total. Nice brunch with B's friend's, and one with a car drove us home after, a total of about 10 minutes back.

Unfortunately when we got back around 3, I fell asleep on the couch and B fell asleep on Edie's bed with Edie in her arms...meaning a total of 3 hour nap for Edles. When I got up, I ate a small homemade burrito (the last one in the freezer) and took Edie out for a late night swing -- all the way to 7pm!

I picked up a pint of ben & jerries on the way home, and I was tempted to order in, but the double whammy of fast food AND a lot of ice cream struck me less as fun and more like abuse. So I cooked up some frozen spinach, finished the left over pasta and baked up a piece of fish. By the time B gave up trying to get Edie to bed around 9:30, I felt comfortable and satiated. I let Edie wander around her room and sing in the dark while I camped out on her comfy bed until she announced "Sleep game!" and crawled into the crook of my arm and fell asleep, around 10:30. Ahhhhhh.


BREAKFAST: 8:30am, iced green tea, 3 small cupcakes, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5


LUNCH: noon, 1.5 bagels with cream cheese and tomato & onion, 1/2 glass prosecco, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5


PM SNACK: 6pm, small burrito, multigrain tortilla chips, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5


DINNER: 8pm, breaded tilapia, cooked spinach, pasta, pint of ice cream, water, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: