Monday, September 12

Weighty thoughts

I've noticed my triceps have grown stronger, bigger and harder than any other muscle since starting a more disciplined weight regimen over the winter. I think it's because of forcing myself to to push ups -- I now do 25 to a set (10 was the most I could do when I was 17) -- I suspect because of my large girth, it is like pushing a weight much bigger than for my other lifts. So today was an experiment -- instead of doing 10 reps on each muscle, I did only 5, but with between 10 and 20% more weight. It definitely hurt more, and it was quicker. If I'm appropriately sore tomorrow, this may be the way to go for quicker 2x a week lifts.


BREAKFAST: 10:30am, half a slice of pizza, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Tired, dazed. Left the house at 9am with Edie for the playground without eating anything. We came home to collect the bike to go food shopping, stuffed this down just so I wouldn't be too hungry while shopping.

LUNCH: 2:15pm, fresh onion bagel with cream cheese and home-cured salmon, water, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5 

PM SNACK: 5:45pm, chocolate cakey bites, a few random cookies, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5
At the parent's reception for Edie's preschool.

DINNER 1: 9pm, breaded shrimp, large bowl of health salad, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

EVENING SNACK: 10pm, peanuts & chocolate chips, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5


DINNER 2: 10:30pm, 2 bean burritos, multigrain tortilla chips, water

No comments: