Thursday, November 3

A nice day

After Edie was delivered to school, me and Big B went to the movies with her brother, taking in street sandwiches with us. In the afternoon, got a nice cooking session in before meeting E uptown for a nice late dinner. I actually swung by Knish Nosh in Central Park in hopes of sampling one, but they were closed at 7:30pm. Hrumph.


TODAY'S COOKING:
Potato & Spinach knishes: Knocked out a couple dozen with left over filling from last week, dough I made this week, and a lb of frozen spinach I cooked up today with 3 heads of roasted garlic. As a goof, spontaneously made a sweet peanut butter & chocolate chip knish which came out better than it should have been.


AM SNACK: 7:45am, iced green tea


BREAKFAST: 9am, organic chex with organic dead milk, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

AM SNACK: 11am, potato knish, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5 
I'm a little sheepish to admit that this knish cooked last week was actually the first one I tried. As I was going, I did taste the mix for balance and flavor, and sample bits of cooked dough to make sure it was right, but I didn't actually have time to taste it all together in finished form -- there was nothing I could do to make it better once it was browned properly and out of the oven. So I guess I'm happy to find that, hey, this is really good! Maybe a tad close to being too salty, but pleasantly balanced between heavy and light, redolently oniony in the caramelized sense, and despite microwaving out of laziness, the crust had  a nice chew to it. I may have something here!


LUNCH: noon, falafel sandwich, popcorn, diet coke , 1 bowl, hunger 4/5


PM SNACK: 4:30pm, large green salad, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5


DINNER: 8:15pm, sushi, gyoza, edemame, sake, water, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5


EVENING SNACK: 10:30pm, nutella & pretzels, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: