Tuesday, January 31

Tastes like chicken (Damn you, Liam Neeson!)

I can't imagine who reads this blog -- the stat counter says between 6 and 12 people read this thing every day. (Hello, LTF massive!) It's probably clear to all you out in internet land the motivation for this blog is to recite out loud what I eat, and the thoughts and pressures behind it, more for my own benefit than the world's. Like a kid who reads out loud rather than in his head to increase absorption, this blog is my thoughts out loud to keep myself honest to myself. And every once in a while I'll look at an entry 1, 2 even 4 or 5 years back to see where my head (& stomach) was. Weird, I've been doing this that long. I guess despite the content, you're reading because I'm regular. He he, I'm regular. But that's a whole nuther kinda blog.

The reason I bring this up is that I've hit up all my other social media with news that I'm riding as Team Captain for the Blue Card team in the 5 Boro Bike Ride -- the Blue Card is a charity that gives funds to destitute Holocaust survivors. I need to raise some dosh, so here's the link:


http://www.imathlete.com/donate/NoahWildman

Learning to Feed readers represent! $200+ gets knishes! Back to your regular programming...

Woke up feeling shitty, a rough night unrelated to kids. Insomnia, then restless sleep due to stuffy nose and mucusy throat. Had a weird dream of being in French class with Liam Neeson, the teacher was Tilda Swinton, and I suspected Liam was a spy looking to destroy the free world, and I was jealous of him, because I wanted to do that too! And Tilda always called on him, not me!

Woke up sore, too, more than usual. I did have a good work out yesterday, warmed up by the bike ride haul of kid furniture from Brooklyn. I've been pushing a little harder on the pull ups (some day, I will do one, but I have started going from -no movement- to a slight lift of maybe an inch, so that's something!) but in particular there is one leg exercise that gets me every time. Because of my cycling, leg exercises don't do too much for me even with added weight, except for wide squats. They work my inner thighs and backs of legs. I go full on with my heaviest weight (52.5) and though my reps are 5, I usually do 7 or 8 because it doesn't feel THAT challenging. Yet every time (I rotate my exercise by muscle groups, so it is 1 of 6 leg exercises), my inner thighs are painful the next day, making walking stiff. This is a good thing I suppose, as this part of my legs are not being worked out by bike riding, and having tone and muscle mass in other parts can only help and protect me. Perhaps I should add squats as an every-time exercise, separate from the leg exercises group...

The morning was dedicated to baby luvin' and midweek laundry washin' - long gone are the days of the once a week laundry.Out in the afternoon with an old friend, Edie time, then internet and TV all eve while I took care of Milli.


AM SNACK: 8am, iced green tea


BREAKFAST: 9am, granola bar, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Popped another vitamin C.

LUNCH: 11:30am, green salad, pizza, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Out at Patsy's with an old, old friend I haven't really spoken to since my wedding. We ate our traditional meal, splitting a large salad and a large pizza. I left the bones (i.e. crusts) over.


PM SNACK: 5pm, momma salad, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5


DINNER: 5:45pm, grilled chicken breast, tabouli, butternut squash soup, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Hammered out a chicken boob to a 1/2 inch thick, tossed with olive oil, salt and Worcestershire sauce, and grilled for a good 5 minutes on each side to get some nice marks (though I smoked out the house a little.) Amazing how good a properly grilled, fresh chicken breast can be. Usually when you buy that kind of stuff, it's been sitting around and dry, or worse. This quick grill left the meat moist, the hammering left it tender.

The portion was a little large, about 9oz of chicken, in hopes the extra protein would leave me without cravings in the evening...


EVENING SNACK: 7pm, peanuts & chocolate chips, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5'

EVENING SNACK: 10:30pm, potato chips, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5
I guess that chicken didn't do the trick! Tried to resist, but was flat out hungry. Not the best snacks this evening, tomorrow will be better. Gotta mix it up or I'll get bored (and discouraged.)

No comments: