Saturday, March 24

Pudding.

Not a good eating day, it was a bit bumbling, but hey, it's the weekend. Indulging myself.


TODAY'S COOKING
Chocolate Pudding: I tossed out last night's pastry cream and started over with this recipe as the base. Upped sugar by a cup. Turned cornstarch into a slurry with a 1/2 cup of cream before adding it. The last time I made this, it never thickened enough -- this time I let it come to a boil while I vigorously whisked, and poof! it thickened perfectly. I still noticed little bits in it, I wonder if that is from bringing the temp too high too fast.

AM SNACK: 7:45am, iced green tea

AM SNACK: 9am, spoonful of ice cream


AM SNACK: 11:15am, slice of streetza
Didn't intend to skip breakfast, but it turned out that way. Picked up this slice from a place I previously adored as one of the better slices in the hood, but since the last time I was there, they turned into a $1-a-slice joint. The slice was significantly smaller and the crust had snap but almost no chew, typical of a discount slice. Fneh.



BRUNCH: 11:30am, BLT on rye, fries, diet coke, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5


DINNER: 5:45pm, half a pastrami sandwich, pea soup, fries, pickles, water, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
At Katz's with B's family. It could have been worse, I suppose. Even 1/2 a sandwich is a little bit much. 



EVENING SNACK: 8pm, spoonful of pudding, spoonful of pastry cream, spoonful of ice cream, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: