Friday, March 16

Stressy, Rainy

What an oddly stressy day. Edie didn't have school due to a "staff development" day, and it was raining. We three suited up and went to the supermarket to get a few ingredients for dinner, then met with the accountant to take care of the annual taxes. Home again for lunch, then suited up and took the subway up to the museum of Natural History to meet C & her little one Autumn, but they were running late. We three sat in Central Park for about 30 minutes -- they were both sleeping, and it had stopped raining, a nice 30 minutes of just....peace. We spent an hour in the museum than had a fantastic walk across Central Park to the F train. Got home around 5, Mil was not feeling well and I could not calm him. Fortunately Momma B came home and things calmed down. While dealing with Mil, I did not notice that Edles fell asleep in front of the TV around 5. We put her to bed and she slept through the night, which was nice. Even nicer was after dinner, I packed it in and put myself to bed at 8pm and didn't get woken up the whole night!

TODAY'S COOKING:
Iced Green Tea: New batch, cut the sugar back to 1/4 cup per gallon (from 1/2). Used sencha this time, I don't keep track of kinds of green tea, but I think this is my least favorite. Gotta remember to not buy it again.


AM SNACK: 7:30am, iced green tea


BREAKFAST: 9:30am, homemade pumpernickel bagel with a little cream cheese, water, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
I still have 8 of the dozen left. They're just so leaden and blunt tasting, kinda like how vegetarian cooking was in the 70s. I think in the next few weeks, I'm gonna take a stab at making these a bit more puffy, add vital wheat gluten, maybe more yeast. And definitely some flavorants, like a little espresso -- a caffeine kick in a breakfast bagel is not such a bad thing.

LUNCH: noon, ham and Swiss on a whole wheat slice of bread, large green salad, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Rushing, Edie having ham and Swiss, so I just made myself some for efficiency. The meal was 1/4 sandwich, 3/4 salad anyway.

PM SNACK: 1:45pm, homemade granola bar, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER: 6:15pm, whole wheat spaghetti & meatballs, chocolate pudding & whipped cream, pint of grenadine soda, 1.75 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: