Wednesday, March 14

Teaching Style

Woke up pleasantly sore from yesterday's weights -- it means I'm not wasting my efforts. Managed to keep it healthy all day, no sweets, but I think that contributed to insomnia, which lead to a heavy (but sweets-free) late snack.

Taught the first class of a new cycle, with 14 students -- the largest class I've taught yet. Fortunately, three were repeaters, who I were able to let go on do a recipe on their own with minimal supervision, and I just stepped up the running around to give individual attention. I was barkier and sterner than usual, as to keep control and safety in line with a bunch of noobs, and oddly enough, easily got the biggest positive reaction in the debrief with the students after the lesson as we ate. Why is it that the bigger the pushy overbearing task master I am in these classes, more the students seem to respond and enjoy it? I think my teaching style is starting to gel.

AM SNACK: 7:30am, iced green tea


BREAKFAST: 9am, smoothie, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Finished the frozen fruit mix I made, looking forward to making a new batch without raspy raspberries, half the pineapple, and up the peach. The Acai-Pomegranate juice is more bitter than I thought it would be, hmmmm.

LUNCH: noon, breaded tilapia, small amount of mushroom risotto, baby carrots with a little ranch dressing, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Surprised how good the week-old risotto was. The rice absorbed more moisture, making it softer, the surrounding sauce thickened and got richer. Haven't had the frozen tilapia in a while, was better than I remembered, still doesn't hold a candle to fresh stuff from the fishmonger.

PM SNACK: 1:30pm, homemade granola bar, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

SCHOOL SNACK: 6:30pm, fresh salsa, fresh guacemole, a few chips, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER; 8pm, 2 slices of streetza, large green salad, 20oz sprite, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5


EARLY MORNING SNACK: 1:30am, multigrain corn chips with fresh salsa and guac, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: