Tuesday, July 17

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

BREAKFAST: 8am, 3/4 of a toasted sesame bagel, slathered in the fancy organic butter, hunger 3/5.
This grass-fed yellowish butter definitely tastes more....buttery than the industrial white stuff. Had a hard time getting to sleep again last night, despite being tired. Things going well at work and at home, feel good.

AM SNACKS: 9:30am, ramakin of chocolate chocolate chip gelatto, hunger 3/5.
At home waiting for a new king-sized bed and matress to arrive, feeling idle, and Il Labratorio makes such intense stuff, just calling to me. Wouldn't of indulged if I was busy at work.

LUNCH: 1pm, falafel sandwich with babaganoush, diet 7up, hunger 3/5.
After waiting for a delivery of only the matress showed up, finally took off (bed now arriving tomorrow morning). Feeling frustrated, but happy not to be cooped up. Road bike to coop office to get another delivery pass, stopped in on Franks to check on mountain bike I got off a coworker that I'm having rebuilt, then stopped by 1st Ave and St. Marks to eat - it was lunch timeish, and it would be silly to go to work only to go out to lunch when I got there. Food decompressed me a little, a pause on a nice bike ride on a warm sunny afternoon. Too bad about the congestion pricing bill floundering, too much democracy in action...

LUNCH #2: 3:15pm, fried whiting sandwich on whole weat, let&tom, small squirt of italian dressing, hunger 3/5.
Despite being late, work flowing smoothly. Corporate caf closed, went to the vendor carts, decided to try something new. Corner of 47th and 6th, a cart said "FOOD IS LOVE" on it's side. The sandwich was $3.50, a plate was $5, so I got the sandwich....which had 3 large pieces of breaded fish on it! This small lunch was kinda large, but satisfying and I ate it all as I wandered slowly back to work. Headache coming on slow, dehydrated?

PM SNACKS: 4pm, 20 oz of seltzer out of the dispensery. Diet coke tempting, but I suspect it may give me a bigger headache right nw.

4:45pm. another 20oz of selter and a 25 cent handful of peanut M&Ms, not hungry but persistent minor headache and feeling munchy. Work is quiet. Is this blog going to turn me into one of those people who obsessively count their food? I had 10 m&ms, somehow counting them justified them as being truly a small amount. Now that I ate them, I feel full in a slightly sickly way. Bleah.

DINNER: 8:30pm, shrimp diavialo w linguini, half a small cheesless pizza, a couple pieces of bread, water, apple pie. Hunger 4/5. Dinner with Jill, after meeting with Ilsa. The original plan was to go to Shake Shack, but ended up at a less unhealthy Italian joint. Kinda wanted cheesy pizza but thought this a better comprimise, the wood-fired crust and the pleasantly uncloying sauce with a sprinkle of herbs was satisfying. There was gelatto on the menu for desert, but that seemed excessive. I tried a small spoonful of Jill's gelato, and I'm glad I skipped it, not nearly as good as Il Labratorio's! On the bike ride home, the low-grade headache came back.

NIGHT: Had a few glasses of water when I got home 10ish, was thirsty.

No comments: