Thursday, August 30

I'm Gettin' Married, Y'all!

ADDENDA:
As Britney Spears might of said once (or twice), "I'm gettin' married, y'all! Where's the cheetos?"

Tomorrow morning I'm going to mix up another batch of pancake mix, and have me a pancake n' bacon feast. Haven't been to the greasy spoon around the corner since I started making an effort to cook for a myself a bit, I really don't miss it.

Ilsa told me to just eat whatever I want, except to watch the salt. I wonder what it that I'll want. It certainly isn't a lot of the stuff I was only too content a month or two ago...

BREAKFAST: 7:45am, toasted garlic bagel with good butter, swig of seltzer, dirtpill, hunger 2/5
Third night of excellent deep sleep. Was up till 11 going over wedding stuff with the B and the best man. Things should be fine.

AM SNACK: 9:15am, 24 oz still water

BP 10am: 127/88

AM SNACK: 10:30am, 1/3 of a bagel, half cup of OJ
Food served with meeting, nibbled to be polite. Reminds me why I despise OJ - tastes like fruity acid, with a bitter aftertaste. Why do people like this stuff?

LUNCH: 1:30pm, pastrami on rye, 1 pickle, water, hunger 4/5
Work going good. Catching up with the freelance PM being brought in to cover me while I get married. We went downstairs to Juniors, he paid in honor of my wedding. He had a bacon cheeseburger and fries - made my pastrami salt bomb look healthy. Find I have a slight headache less than an hour later, hmmmm.

PM SNACK: 5:30pm, small piece of pound cake, a little seltzer, hunger 3/5
Left work early to see my mother-in-law come in to Penn Station, then home. From here on in, going to try to relax and get stuff done in my own time till Sunday. The pound cake in the freezer needed to be tasted - it tasted better than when it was fresh. Heating it in the microwave makes it a little less dense.

DINNER PT 1: 6pm, half pound of freshly cooked shrimp in butter and garlic, hunger 3/5
Watching some cooking show, they're sauteing shrimp - remembered I have a bag of frozen raw shrimp. Dole out half of it, peel off shells - my first time peeling shrimp! All the little legs....makes me feel closer to it. Fresh garlic, the good butter, watching it magically turn golden orange in the pan....

DINNER PT 2: 7pm, four perogies, 1 potato pancakes, 1 cheese blintz, hunger 3/5
Looking around the kitchen, I realized with all the wedding stuff we failed to go food shopping. So I ordered from the East Side Cafe some polish home cookin'. The perogies were fried, but otherwise very much food my dad would of been comforted by.

No dessert! Only the piece of random poundcake! Yay! Unfortunately, I had another piece of poundcake around 4am when I was up for 5 hours, but that's already tomorrow...see ya on the 11th!!

No comments: