Wednesday, August 22

The Salad Warned, the Pizza Attacked

ADDENDA:
The original post:
I suspect an evil gustatory experience last night has sent me sideways. It is noon and I have not slept (or eaten) since last night's dinner. To paraphrase that annoying old guy on NPR, tomorrow I will be back....with the REST of the stor-Y. Good-DAY!
Well, now 4 days later and 75% recovered, 20/20 hindsight tells me the warning signs were there, I just wasn't paying attention. The stress of the wedding and an uptick of workload took me from two sides, and I hadn't been sleeping well. The night before, I felt a bit rundown, and wanted comfort food....I'm a glutton for comfort food...

The salad was fine and fresh but I just didn't enjoy it. My body was hungry, but my stomach wasn't. It just wanted to....rest. I should of had the salad and a small sweetie, and call it a night. But B was home, and we both LOVE pizza, and since I've been watching my diet, it's become something special instead of something regular. While ordering, I spontaneously ordered pepperoni because it's B's favorite (personally, mushrooms is the only topping I really go gaga over, but B is shroomophobic).

Tasted so good, that charcoaly crust, the fresh bright red crushed tomato sauce, the pillowy fresh mozz, the roasted veg, the crisp and oily pepperoni....it was a pleasure to eat, and I wolfed it. Fast. Then hey!, I didn't eat dessert today, doesn't matter I haven't let my meal settle, let's go for the gelato and mini pies! Ilsa, I swear I didn't eat this stuff - it just jumped down my throat!

Hopefully in the future, when a salad gives me a warning, I'll be able to pick up on it. The immense amount of dairy mixed with the crappy meat put my GI tract in a twist and knocked me out for a solid 3 days - this happens about twice a year, but this is the first time I've recorded my food intake to parallel it. I've lived, hopefully now I've learned.

BREAKFAST:
9am, half a whole wheat bagel with good butter, water hunger 0/5

LUNCH: 3pm, water, hunger 0/5

DINNER: all evening, water, hunger 0/5

No comments: