Tuesday, October 2

I've Got an Icecream Maker, and I'm Gonna Use It!

ADDENDA:
Remembered to pack lunch today. I assembled two discordant items that wouldn't be very good together but are yummy separate, but then I figured, duh, I can have 2 small meals instead of one big one....

Just got the ice cream maker attachment for the mixer this morning. Gonna be a goooood tiiiime!!! (Doing a little crack-head dance) And just bought this mini freezer online today. Reminds me, I gotta get a more accurate blood pressure monitor.

Gonna be filled with home made hummus, tomato sauce, ice cream, sorbet and sinful gelato....all locked away from prying Betsys!

BREAKFAST: 8am, toasted onion bagel with hummus, hunger 3/5

AM SNACK: 10am, 24 oz still water

LUNCH #1: 12:15pm, container of whole wheat pasta with smoked scallops, hunger 4/5
Frozen from last week, held up exceptionally well, a lot fresher tasting than I thought it would. This take-your-lunch-to-work-often thing may turn out for the best, yet.

LUNCH #2: 3:15, 3/4 of a superhippy bread & fresh peanut butter sammich, hunger 4/5
Almost fell asleep in the prior meeting. Gave 1/4 to T. Really helped wake me up, considering there is no sugar or caffiene in it, and a ridiculous amount of superhippy fiber and seeds in it.

DINNER: 8pm, green salad, smoked pork chop, roasted fingerling potatoes, wok-seared stringbeans with mushroom and garlic, apple crisp with dulche de leche gelato, 1 glass wine, hunger 4/5
Cooked for my friend Erikka, as Betsy was away with her gals. Most of the ingredients from the farmers market. Thinking of Ilsa, added some veg to off set the (ridiculously tiny, cute) potatoes. Never quite made potatoes or string beans like, came out OK, almost good. Erikka cleared her plate, and had 2nds of the taters, so it couldn't of been too bad!

No comments: