Thursday, January 17

Leaving on a Jet Plane

ADDENDA:
The last two days I haven't really done anything other than stay inside, watch TV and cook a little. I guess that's depression, which I've allowed myself. Today, off to London and Amsterdam, back next Wednesday night. Give myself a day to recover, then....just do something. I don't know how long it'll take to decide what I want to do next/get a Jay-Oh-Be, but I've mourned long enough.

My internet access will be limited, but I'll take notes and fill y'all in when I get back. My friend Tania's home and town in Gillingham, Kent, has served as a 2nd home for many years, me dropping in 2+ times a year from college until I met B and my parents started passing. All sorts of food rituals....

BREAKFAST: 10am, good pancakes and good bacon, water, hunger 4/5
Experimented with whipped egg whites, the pancakes were nicely fluffy, definitely closer to an ideal.

LUNCH: 3pm, 2 homemade pizzas, fancy lemonade, hunger 4/5
Made dough from scratch again, used 1/4 less water. Dough was stiff, but pliable and workable. Didn't rise much in the oven, gotta get a new recipe. A little too cracker-like, not pizza-like enough. Had an old bottle of lemonade in the fridge, made with cane sugar, drank half of it.

PM WATERING: 5pm, 2 pints water

x

No comments: