Sunday, January 13

Family

ADDENDA:
Going up to Albany with B today to visit my religious brother and his large family, stopping by my parent's gravesite on the way up. Tomorrow I go to Detroit for a couple of days to spend some time with my father-in-law, then B & I fly out for a week to London & Amersterdam. Haven't slept well the past couple of nights, must be careful as getting sick now would be a disaster.

BREAKFAST: 7am, bacon on sprouted wholewheat, hunger 4/5
Went down to the local diner around the corner at 6:45 for a BLT & homefries, but was still closed. So I cooked up 6 slices of my good organic naturally low-salt bacon and slapped them on 3 pieces of sprouted wholewheat, a triple-layer sandwich that just had 2 components, really brought out the flavor and texture of both without being messed with.

And if I'm going to spend a good part of the day in a kosher household, I better get some bacon in me!

AM SNACK: 10am, everything bagel, hunger 4/5
Noshing in the car.

LUNCH: 2pm, onion bagel with fresh homemade hummus, handful of vegetables, water, hunger 4/5
Had my brother collect all the kosher ingredients, and I made hummus with my nephews and nieces, was very cute.

DINNER: 6pm, french fries, large eggplant parm sandwich, hunger 4/5
At a rest stop in NJ on the way home. I ordered half a sub, but the thing was a full foot long!

No comments: