Saturday, January 12

I'm Bringing the Water Bottle Back

ADDENDA:
It's weirdly stressful being at the office, despite it being fun, cool peeps, and getting paid two weeks salary for 8 hours of work on top of my severance. There are things I will miss, though this being the beginning of the presentation season, I might get a few more cracks at bat by March.

BREAKFAST: 7:15am, organic wholegrain chex with good milk, hunger 3/5

BP 8:15am, 138/88
High, I wonder if this is because of the meal I just ate, because I'm tired and feeling weird about spending the day in the office today, or that maybe I'm a little dehydrated.

AM WATERING: 9:15am, 24 oz still
Brought my water bottle back, a comforting totem.

LUNCH: 11am, turkey & Swiss sandwich, bag of potato chips, hunger 4/5
Got really hungry. Limited options on a Saturday in Times Square. Went into McDonalds with the idea of a veggie burger and fries, but when I got to the counter, I just felt....repulsed.

PM SNACK: 12:30, piece of garlic bread, 1 french fry, hunger 3/5
Coworkers chowing down.

PM SNACK: 2:30, slice of pizza with all sorts of crap on it, hunger 3/5
Left over pizza, feeling nibbly. Not very good.

PM SNACK: 6pm, a few bits of homemade roasted potatoes, hunger 4/5

DINNER: 7:30pm, 100 year old duck egg & ginger, pork dumplings, weird bbq pork chops, beef with noodles, salt & pepper whole fried shrimp, odd sauteed Chinese greens, tea, chocolate pan dan ice cream, hunger 4/5
Went to Chinatown with my friend Yana, who is Chinese herself. Went to a random place with minimal English and no white people inside (myself excepted) and she spoke to the waiter to send us stuff off the menu. A few times during their conversation they glanced at me and pointed at me, afterwards she said he was suggesting stuff that white people don't like. The 100 year old egg was a stretch, it looked a bit gruesome, but was surprisingly pleasant in it's contrasting bitterness and smooth custardy texture. We went to the Ice Cream Factory, 2nd time this week for me, and I had Chocolate Pan Dan, which had a wonderfully pleasant tone of coconut and peanuts.

No comments: