Thursday, February 28

Back to the Old House, err, Office

ADDENDA:
Getting excited about Dinnerfest, lots of positive response. Starting to realize how much work it's going to be, which makes it more exciting.

Went to the office today to get some samples to send to some employers who contacted me recently. Brought lunch and ended up in the lunch corner of the office with ex-fellow coworkers, shooting the shit. Rather than being depressing, it was the opposite, it was really good to see those folks and they seemed genuinely happy to see me.

When I left the house this morning into the bitter cold, my moods elevated and I had a certain feeling of....lightness. Going to weigh myself tomorrow to see if it's based in anything.

BREAKFAST: 9:30am, good yogurt with honey, vanilla, nuts, 1 bowl, hunger 3/5
Really, quantity-wise a half bowl, but the Fage is so rich and flavorful and dense, it feels like a full bowl.

LUNCH: 2pm, leftover homemade pasta & ragu, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 6:30pm, baby carrots, red pepper, cucumber, ranch dressing, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER: 8:30pm, pernil with blackbeans, white rice, fried plantains, 3 greeeasy churros with dulce de leche, 1 whiskey sour, water, 2.5 bowls, hunger 4/5
Good time in Brooklyn with a friend and her new boyfriend, good vibe all around. This was a favorite restaurant of theirs, and when the waitress asked if we wanted an appetizer, both said no, the portions are large. They were right, my plate had about 3 bowls on it, and ate about 2/3 of it to save room for desert, which came off the 'light' part of the desert menu. I dunno, any fried dough that squirts grease in your mouth when you first bite it is a bit of stretch to call 'light'. Maybe because it came with 4 short fried sticks instead of 6 huge ones?

I didn't like the pernil (like the Chinese pork the other night, too much fat and the meat was stringy) - I think I just don't like braised meats in general...though I do like me a Cuban sandwich, I should try to make one....

No comments: