Friday, February 29

Off ta Bahstahn

ADDENDA:
Taking the train this afternoon with B to Boston to hang with her mom at the old homestead together for the last time. I remember the last time I went to the home I grew up in, it was to move furniture into my first rental in Manhattan. That was probably my first big life change in regards to realizing my parents were not only getting older, but possibly mortal, too.

ANYWAY, I look forward to it.

I'm currently reading the book of Kevin Smith's personal blog, of whose film work I am a fan but not a big fan of his self-absorbed writing. However, I'm shocked/horrified by what he writes about....what he eats. He wakes up and rolls out to McDonalds/Baja Fresh/Carl Jrs/Quiznos to get breakfast for his family, and when they go out for breakfast they go to a deli. And he, being a big fat ass, snacks on 'low carb ice cream' and diet soda. WTF? This is an intelligent dude with lots of money and a great career and happy family and friends and an (apparently) sunny disposition, so why is he eating like a cracked-out garbage truck? Shit, looks like he's eating garbage on the cover!

Speaking of fat asses, after breakfast I weighed 235, same as ever. I guess that feeling of lightness was just that, a feeling.

BREAKFAST: 9:30 am, good yogurt with nuts, honey and vanilla, half a gus soda, 1 bowl, hunger 3/5
Felt the urge for a shot of sugar, but even though the soda is relatively low sugar, half a 12 oz bottle was enough.

LUNCH: 12:30, a few pieces of bread and olive oil, margherita pizza, 2 bowls, hunger 4/5
Brunch in Brooklyn with a friend at Savoia, has a wood-burning oven. The crust had a nice chew and char, but the small pools of boring hard moz kinda made it mediocre.

DINNER: 5pm, 3 inira, 2 summer rolls, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Eh japanese in Penn Station

SNACK: 7pm, whole wheat pretzels with good peanut butter, .5 bowls, hunger 4/5
Train, brought with.

SNACK: 9pm, bag of potatochips, super-sized snickers bar, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Train, bought on. Thought it was a normal sized candy bar till I sat down with it and say it had 3 servings to it. Inspired by reading the Kevin Smith book, where I find he is on the Atkins diet, hence sausage patties from McD's in the morning and steaks in the evenings, and lowcarb frozen pizza and ice cream in the middle, yechchchch!

SNACK: midnight, half a bagel and half a bialy with hummus, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Snickity snack with B and her momma.

No comments: