Sunday, February 24

Lagged

BREAKFAST #1: 3:30am, small bowl of organic chex with good milk, .5 bowl, hunger 3/5
After falling asleep so early, woke up after 8 hours of sleep and couldn't go back. Feel weird, like jet lag. Took a bath and watched a movie.

BREAKFAST #2: 7am, 1 mutsu apple, a piece of raw milk ementhaller cheese, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Damn, I forgot how good this is - the apple was the right tart/sweet level and crisp as a juicy cracker, the cheese was wonderfully mild tasting with a silky sharp finish. This should be a regular breakfast option!

LUNCH: Noon, homemade cheese ravioli with pizza sauce, homemade roasted broccoli, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Took a 3 hour nap then made lunch for B & me. Roasted brocolli from a recipe I saw on tee-vee, with panko crumbs, garlic, olive oil, salt & pepper and a bit of cheddar, really straight forward.

I need to make proper pasta sauce and bank it in the freezer. Still, B said that the raviolis were as good as any she ever had in a restaurant, which made me happy. The sauce would of been a disaster, but the raviolis themselves were pretty good, pat myself on the back. etc.

PM SNACK: 2pm, homemade chocolate soy ice cream, 1.5 bowls, hunger 4/5
Needed something sweet, the only thing I had the ingredients to lying around was soy icecream. Was tempted to eat a 2nd bowl, but figured I should save some for B. However, scraping out the barrel ended up accounting for another half a bowl.
PM SNACK: 5pm, several handfuls of popcorn, .25 bowl, hunger 3/5

DINNER: 8pm, vegan singapore mei fun, a couple of small vegan appetizers, water, 1.5 bowls, hunger 4/5
Dinner out with B & the HVS at Wild Ginger on Broome, a good meal. Portions seemed nicely constrained, but definitely more than one bowl. Went back home and served them soy ice cream, didn't have any myself because there was no craving. The HVS had 2nds, which I found very complementary.

No comments: