Monday, November 10

It ain't easy being over-cheesed...y.

An uneventful but pleasantly rolling Monday evening. There was only one delivery boy, so I ended up jumping in and doing 4 runs through the night.

During prep, I made the slice pies from start to finish for the first time. The restaurant's slices are large squares that are cut into 9 pieces. Eight hundred grams of dough are stretched across the well-seasoned steel pan, then sauced with a simple cooked stewed tomato sauce, doused with some olive oil and salt, then cooked in the oven for 18 minutes. It's then taken out and topped with shredded moz, then baked again for about 10 minutes until the cheese starts to brown.

The thing is, when you are applying the cheese to the partially cooked sauced crust, you need to go light, because when the cheese melts in spreads out horizontally. I laid on the cheese so it looked right, with a minimal amount of red sticking out, but once cooked, you had slices of pizza that were out of balance -- too much cheese, not enough sauce and bread. You live, you learn.

ADDENDA:
The scale said 223.8 this morning. I'm a little surprised I'm maintaining my weight, I feel like I may be eating too much, or maybe it's just that I'm eating crappily -- the cold weather is maing me want to pack in heavy, fatty, sugary stuff.

BREAKFAST: 11am, slice of apple cheese pie, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH: Noon, a variety of things from WF's cold and hot bar, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Almost all vegetarian, mostly nasty. Zucchini latka tasted a bit like pooh, the falafel ball was laughably dry and crumbly, the seaweed salad was under seasoned, the potato samosa underspiced and the 'Chinese noodle salad' was just gooey.

PM SNACK: 5pm, 1 pizza slice, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER: 9:45pm, rigatoni with mushrooms, root beer, flourless chocolate cake, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5

EVENING WATERING: 11:30pm, 1 quart

No comments: