Monday, January 19

Hungry for the Heavy

It's winter, I fully realized, as I ate pizza for the second time during dinner, after a lunch of not-light mac n' cheese for lunch. OK, I did make everything myself (including the pizza from the restaurant), but damn, not even craving veg. This morning I cooked up some killer vegan butternut squash soup for the HVS's homecoming, but outside of tasting it for balance, just wasn't....rich enough. Hungry for for the heavy.

Speaking of heavy, I weighed in at 226.2 this morning. The way I've been eating, I thought I was more than just a few pounds over where I've been. My body is handling things well. When I start going in for salads and lighter food in the spring, maybe I'll be in a good spot.

Saw an old episode of Seinfeld this evening, Kramer had an idea for a 'build your own' pizza restaurant, and was trying to convince the owner, Poppy, to go for it. When Kramer puts cucumber on his pie, they get into a fight -- Poppy believes it is NOT pizza if you put bad toppings on it, while Kramer believes it's not a pizza till it comes out of the oven. Hmmm.

BREAKFAST: 10:15am, organic corn flakes with bad (i.e. homogenized, dead) whole milk, .5 bowl, hunger 3/5

PM SNACK: 12:30pm, street slice, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
While riding home through Cobble Hill, stopped by an old slice joint on Court St. Classic big greasy triangle, too much salt. The menu said $2.75, the dude charged me $3. They also have 'brick oven' pizza, separate on the menu. They have a gas-burning standard pizza oven AND a built-in brick oven, very odd.

LUNCH: 1:15pm, mac n' cheese, grape soda & potato chips, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Not horrendously healthy, but the portion was right, and primarily home made.

DINNER: 7:30pm, 2 frozen resto slices, 4 freshly baked home made chocochip cookies, quart of water, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: