Monday, January 12

If an Alien assumed we were monodietetic...

Not sick, not well. I think I'd be a lot sicker if I was unhappy with life. I think I'm more unsatisfied than unhappy, thanks to the B and her little b baking.

Was going to cook this evening, and went so far as to make chicken stock with a baggie of 'chicken parts' from the market -- mostly spines and belly bones. After boiling them for 3 hours, added mire poix with mushroom stems, some dried porcini, pepper corns, thyme and a clove of garlic for an hour. Strained, put in the freezer to coagulate the fat. (What should I do with this yummy disc of shmaltz?) I was going to make mushroom risotto, but the tiredness and the laundry and the househusband duties got the best of me,

BREAKFAST: 6:30am, pint of apple cider, 1 bowl, hunger 2/5
Felt hungry and nauseous from lack of sleep, this was the only thing that could slip down easily.

AM SNACK: 9:15am, thick slice of street pound cake, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5
Again, out of sorts and no plan while at school

PM SNACK: 1:30pm, bottle of grape soda, .5 bowl, hunger 3/5
Not quite sick, not quite well, just riding the low-energy edge. Need sugar to continue to move.

PM SNACK: 3pm, 2 olive oil tortas, .25 bowl, hunger 3/5
Sweet, savory, mildly like fennel, crispy, melty, all Spanish n' delicious

DINNER: 6:30pm, 2 slices restaurant pizza, ramekin of store-bought chocolate gelato, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Feeling better, low energy, not enough to continue with the stock to make risotto. I'm glad I have a lot of slices banked in the freezer, it's kinda like an alien's idea of what a human would stock up on to survive. Bee's stock up on honey, squirrels stock up on nuts, and human's stock up on pizza slices.

I bought a fancily packaged, high-priced gelato from the market today, as an experiment. Disappointing -- chocolate gelato should be deep and rich and hit a harmony of chocolate notes from milky and sweet to dark and pleasingly bitter.

EVENING WATERING: 8pm, quart o' da wet stuff

EVENING DRUGGING: 9:30pm, a shot of da Quil

No comments: