Saturday, March 21

Celebrate Me!

Got to the restaurant around 11 to help with mise, random friends of the restaurant rolled in around 1pm, friends of the me around 2-3, and we just rolled out assorted pizzas until close to 6:30, was really nice and relaxed and social in a good way. I had the idea of a table situation, but once people bellied up to the bar, it just seemed natural, and I got to hold court behind the bar and get a good chat in with everyone and serve various beverages. Definitely probably the most enjoyable birthday party I've ever thrown for myself, though it's not often one gets to take over the majority of restaurant in downtown Brooklyn for an afternoon without having to pay a lot o' money.

BREAKFAST: 6:30am, spoonful of yogurt, honey and vanilla
Not that into it without nuts, kinda amped for the coming day of pizza.

AM SNACK: 11:30am, 2 pancetta balls, a few bites of vegetable mise, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Prepped at the restaurant a bunch of salad stuff, including celery, cucumber. We reheated some 4 day old deep fried pancetta balls in the pizza oven and they came out quite good, may be a menu item because they held so well.

LUNCH: 2-6pm, various slices of pizza, various sips of wine and beer, a small portion of gelato cake, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Normally I would eat a massive amount in a situation like this, but I was just having too much fun talking to people.

DINNER: 9pm, matzoh ball soup, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Oh my! My mother-in-law gave me a pack of homemade frozen matzoh balls today for my b-day, and poking around the kitchen, considering ordering in, then found these...right near my frozen chicken stock I made a while back!! BWAAAAH!!! The code in my DNA made me immediately crave bits of chicken and noodle in the soup, but I made it straight up with just the stock, balls and a bit of salt and pepper. Man, my momma-in-law is good to me.

No comments: