Sunday, March 15

Wasn't supposed to happen, but pizza snuck in

I think I lazily ate too many sweets today, I just feel it in my stomach and head.

BREAKFAST: 8:30am, organic cheerios with organic dead milk, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

AM SNACK: 11am, 2/3 of a pint of B&J's "Half baked", .75 bowl, hunger 4/5
At the computer doing restaurant business all morning, didn't want to think about food, just sucked in what was convenient. Made me feel a bit bleah. Half-baked is one half chocolate chip cookie dough (bits of dough in vanilla) and one half fudge brownie (brownie chunks in chocolate ice cream) -- the ultimate B&J's-style garbage ice cream. Made me appreciate how little gelato goes such a long way, with those big clean flavors.

PM TASTE: 1pm, a few spoonfuls of peanut butter chocolate bar components
Made a recipe out of the Baked cookbook for one of B's best friends, who we hosted a little birthday get-together this evening. The base is cooked sugar to the softball stage mixed with butter and rice crispies, then a milk chocolate-peanut butter ganache, topped by a dark chocolate ganache. It's all very tasty, I just hope the consistencies come out right...came out ok, a bit chewier/tougher than I hoped, but definitely edible.


DINNER: 5pm, 1 glass white wine, handful of tiny sausage & kraut pizzas, 2 peanut butter chocolate bars, handful of baby carrots, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
The focus of the canapes were supposed to be sausages and home-fermented kraut, but I couldn't stand to put it on a boring croute, and I had dough just sitting in my fridge from Friday night's Roman pizza class....so I banged out tiny 2" pizza shells, and topped them with pre-cooked sausage and kraut. For a laugh, I lined some mini-muffin tins with dough and filled them with a little raw kraut. I pinched the tops and baked them off...they were a similar vibe to the wonderful cabbage peroshki I had when I visited St. Petersburg, Russia, a few years ago. I really need K to come over and do some Grandma-style Ruskie cookin'....

No comments: