Thursday, March 19

Tired again!

Weird day. After class, took the subway to work as my bike had a flat. Led the first staff meeting of the restaurant, was a good vibe. Still absorbing everything.

BREAKFAST: 7am, BLT on toasted bagel with homefries, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Went to the diner on my block, something I used to do often before I went to c-school and realized how shitty the food was. Still, I'd gone there with my parents, and it was nice to commune with them for a few minutes before starting the day. Though it does make me wish that my parents took me to, say, a juice bar rather than a greasy spoon!

PM SNACK: 12:30, pretzel roll with a small dollop of cheese, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Right before work, from Almondine, really nice.

PM TASTING: 5pm, several wines, a few olives and cheese, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER: 7pm, roast chicken, mussels, piece of bread, glass of wine, bite of cake, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Dinner at Vinegar Hill with L and his daughter V, who is also the head of front of house. Really nice place, in an out of the way corner of the greater DUMBO area. Usually don't eat chicken or mussels, but it was on L's recommendation and he was right: they were both fantastic, honest dishes.

No comments: