Friday, April 3

The Most Passive Aggresive Pizza Ever.

Weighed in at 219.4 this evening, after a long hard shift at the restaurant. I went to school this morning, and when I came in, L was on the warpath and the kitchen staff was literally on the edge of quitting. My hunkering down, sucking it up, leading by example, and offering some positive commentary helped to calm things down a bit. But when L gave us a lunch of one meat ball each, I went back to him and pointedly asked, Ware we having with that? So he sent out the most passive aggressive pizza EVER, a medium pie with only sauce and basil leaves...no cheese, no oregano, no nuthin'....and he didn't even let me cut it, he said, "Tear it." Weird.

The dinner rush came, and despite all the ill will and yelling, we pulled it together and got each other's backs. Not too bad. By the end of the night, L and I were smiling at each other. We did better. Not great, not even good, but better. I'm not ready to crank out pizzas along side him yet, but I've been watching closely, taking the abuse, taking notes, and feel ready for tomorrow.

BREAKFAST: 6:30am, organic chex with dead organic milk, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

AM SNACK: 9am, salami on french bread slices with herbed butter, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH: 5:30pm, 1 meatball, small amount of cheeseless pizza, sprite, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

RESTAURANT DAZE: 5:30pm-12:30pm, water straight from tap, a few snippets of mushroom, a cream soda, a cranberry lime GuS, half a glass of tap beer, 1 bowl, hunger 3/5
I gotta bring in a water bottle tomorrow.

AM WATERING: 1:15am, a quart o' aqua, por favor.

No comments: