Wednesday, August 26

Soothe


Edles was up late last night, and B was out at her bookclub, and I did everything I could to keep Edles on an even keel. Feeding her, bouncing her, singing to her, walking her around in my arms, patting her back, giving her a floaty bath for the first time while holding her head up (so cute!), sitting down in spurts.

When I woke up today, I just felt a little....beat up, and found myself just wanting to stay on the couch as long as possible and do nothing. While the night before wasn't horrible or frightening or bad, it was a bit of a combination physical/mental athletic event. I need to get in shape for it!

BREAKFAST: 11am, chocolate babka, banana, water, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK:
1:30pm, a few little bits of pretzel, large piece of chocolate babka, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
B, E and I were supposed to take an adventure our, so I ate this to hold myself over. A bit gluttonous.

LUNCH: 4:30pm, fresh spaghetti with homemade sauce, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
They kept sleeping, I got hungry. What looked like a small portion in the freezer was actually two small portions, he he. Gluttony again!

SNICKLE DINNER: 8:30pm, small miso soup, vegetarian maki roll, a spoonful of lemon-vanilla pudding, a bite of oaty sweet cookie, water, 1 bowl, hunger 3/5
Out to Souen with the HVS. It was a little hard extracting myself from the day indoors, but she's going to her country of origin for more than a week, so it was snickle now or forever hold your peace (forever, 10 days, same thing). We spoke of perhaps me and the family and the HVS dog this trip together in the next few years, which would be amazing -- Snicklevacation!!

The meal itself was a bit ick, and not being hungry did not help. I'm down on 'build your own' things at restaurants, because with the exception of certain sweets like Sundaes, the general public will not appreciate the art of matching flavor and textures consciously, and will disappoint themselves -- people who order pizza with pepperoni or bacon matched with any lightly flavored topping are silly, as those meats will always dominate everything (cheap pepperoni will even dominate cheese and sauce!) So with this build-your-own maki roll, I just ordered 4 things I liked, without consideration: ume (pickled plum), avocado, seitan and burdock. The ume was a salty pickle instead of the sweet I'm used to, the avocado with hard and unripe, and the seitan and burdock will indistinguishable. I couldn't finish it. A chef who is familiar with the kitchen and it's ingredients would of never of made (or presented) this combo. I should of stuck to the list of the kitchen's combos.

EVENING SNACK: 11pm, hotdog, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5
Edles up late again, eating strictly to soothe.

No comments: