Wednesday, December 2

Over engineered

BREAKFAST: 8am, glass of apple cider, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH: 11:30am, fillet o' fish sandwich, fried, diet coke, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Walking around downtown, doing chores, stopped in at McDonald's for lunch. Burgers there are just frightfully over engineered, went with a fish sandwich -- something I last ate when I was a little kid going there with my mom and grandmom and brother and cousin and aunt, when the fish sandwich was a new addition to the menu. I was surprised how tiny it was, probably hasn't changed since the 70s. Small rectangle of fried fish stuff, a yellow slice of cheese, a slather of tartar sauce. According to the nutritional info hidden underneath the place mat, this meal had 760 calories -- half from the sammich and half from the drink. My drink was a medium - 20 friggin' ounces!! That's 2 and a half cups! More than a full pint!

I think I went because it reminded me of going with my mom. We'd probably go, at most, once every couple of months, it was special. I hope when Edie is an adult and indulges in food nostalgia, it'll be something less evil than McDonalds....though it'll probably be pizza!

PM SNACK: 1:30pm, 2 small wedges of "pizza", 2 small brownies, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
At the drop in at the center, the leader made some weird thing called pizza that involved hummus, tomatoes and spinach. B would've probably liked it.

PM SNACK: 5pm, flax tortilla chips with salsa, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER: 6pm, lemon ricotta pancakes, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
B wanted pancakes for dinner, so I tried to adult it up. Took the c-school recipe, added a cup of ricotta and the juice of a lemon, came out a bit heavy but tasty. Could have used a 2nd lemon.

No comments: