Tuesday, March 9

Ashy bagels of yore

A busy day, capped with B coming home early so I could get on the bike and ride out to Coney Island. Was great, but I definitely feel the early-season weakness. I almost bonked 2/3 of the way in and had to stop to eat. Next time I'll be more prepared.

BREAKFAST: 8:15am, pumpernickel bagel with cream cheese and sable, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5 "Pumpernickel" is the whole-grain equivalent of rye bread, and while historically it has had a dark color due to the ash-content of the grain, nowadays it is mixed with other flours and dark coloring via molasses, cocoa or other means gives it back it's shade. I don't know if this is a 100% whole grain bagel, but it is soooo delicious. Sable is my favorite appetizing fish, and wikipedia confirmed it is an oily fellow, which made this a rather Brown's Rules-approved breakfast!

AM SNACK: 11am, 2 freshly baked macaron cookies
I'm running through a half batch of the cookies for the French macaron cookie sandwiches me and my friend MAP will be baking on Thursday. They're a little tricky, and I took notes on what to try differently then. I had to taste to test -- good, but Thursday will be better.

LUNCH: noon, bowl of tabbouleh, 1 piece of demi-hippy bread, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Good, but the tabbouleh tastes a little flat. Salt? Unsatisfying.

PM SNACK: 2:30pm, 1 oatmeal cookie, 1 chocolate chip cookie
At the mutha's group, 2nd sweet of the day.

LUNCH 2: 3:45pm, large green salad, handful of "whole grain" tortilla chips, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 7pm, slice of streetza, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5
Didn't want to, but out on my first proper ride of the season, 30 miles to and from Coney Island. My body was about to shut down if I didn't eat something. Next time, will bring a clif bar...

DINNER: 8:15pm, tofu & broccoli in brown sauce, pork fried rice, pork egg roll, smoothie pop, water, 1.75 bowl, hunger 4/5
Needed a Chinese brick, but damn, pizza and Chinese food? Regardless of the ride, if I'm going to lose any weight, this won't do. But I was frazzled, it was comforting to go to the same take out spot me and my dad would go to, to take food out, and I think I made a selection that could of been a lot worse.

No comments: