Monday, March 1

Feelign wobbly

Woke up feeling a little tired, which is not unusual (especially since the baby came), but my energy level never really lifted too far after the morning. Woke at 8:30 with last night's pizza still sitting in the stomach. Got the laundry done, Edie napped and fed, then took off to Union Square to visit the farmer's market and pick up some baby supplies. Got Edie on a swing for a few minutes.

By the time I we got home, I was hungry for lunch, though my appetite seemed to be behind schedule. By 4, Edie was cranky and fell asleep on my stomach, which lulled me to sleep. When B got home around 5, we woke up, and I felt discombobulated. I was supposed to go to a CSA meeting in the neighborhood, as well as do some food coop and restaurant work at home, but just pushed it off.

I weighed myself this morning, last time doing it at the beginning of February. I weight 235.4, about a pound or so heavier. Statistically, a meaningless increase. The HVS's challenge was to put more fruit and veg in the diet, but it's FEBRUARY -- it's literally unnatural to eat more fruit and veg at this time of year. That said, my bike is coming back from the shop soon, and a once to twice a week ride combined with weights at home, maybe a random yoga class and more fruit and veg to push out the heavier stuff is something to focus on now, not next week. A lot of good stuff will be back in season in the next 8 weeks, and come June 1st, I'll be confronted with an interesting challenge that may be the basis for revising this blog: cooking and eating everything I get from the CSA I just signed up for every week....

BREAKFAST: 10:30am, toasted bagel with creamcheese, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH:
3pm, small green salad, 2 fishsticks, mini cheese raviolis with homemade sauce, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER: 8pm, 1 French bread pizza, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

EVENING SNACK: 10pm, 2 graham crackers with peanut butter and a little bit of chocolate on top, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: