Thursday, March 18

Good eating vibes today

BREAKFAST: 8:30am, organic wholegrain cheerios with dead milk, banana, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH: 11:30am, 3/4 of a wholewheat waffle, the good yogurt with roasted salted mixed nuts & a little honey and vanilla, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Thinking of sardine sandwiches, but didn't feel like something fishy, in anticipation of what may be eaten this evening. I bought a bag of salted and roasted mix nuts (walnuts, almonds, macadamias, fiberts, a few others but no peanuts) to up my nut intake, and it really made this yogurt a much more interesting experience than my usual raw cashews.

Which reminded me of the Alton Brown episode that inspired my recent dietary direction. He pretty much dismisses raw foodism as a nutritious way to alter one's diet. While it is true that uncooked food has more nutrients then cooked food, which breaks down and destroys some nutrients, what is also is true is that the nutrients locked in raw food are much harder for the human body to absorb. While the raw state has more nutrients, the cooked state has more nutrients...that can be used by the human body! I'm sure there are exceptions to this rule, but it kinda makes sense within reason.

PM SNACKING: 3-6:30pm, one small wedge of roast beef sandwich, 2 cubes of brownies, a few mouthfuls of shrimp salad, a mouthful of pasta salad, 3 juice drinks, 1 can of seltzer, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Me n' my students cooked for the PTA, so I couldn't just make tofu n' whole wheat everything. Pasta and roast beef is yellow because it's once a week, and I think that was the first time....though I suspect some pasta n' chili will be a nice post-bike ride meal tomorrow...it WAS a small amount...

DINNER: 8pm, 2 slices of streetza, 3 cubes of brownies, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5
B and her mom ordered in a mediocre pizza, but when I got home from an afternoon in a kitchen, didn't feel like cooking. Two slices in a 550 degree oven on a stone for 2 minutes really made then crisp and brown, the only way to make the best of crappy pizza. Still hungry after, so I dipped into some of the brownies that I brought home for B. Didn't feel too bad about it, because I didn't eat too much today anyway...

No comments: