Friday, March 19

Lagom

Friday started well -- I did the laundry last night, so it only needed folding this morning, giving me time to get down with the wafflizing. Me n' Edles did a few chores outside, but I just wasn't feeling it, despite it being a beautiful, warm, sunny day. When I hit the couch after dinner around 6:30, I just kinda shut down and was in bed snoozing by 8. Maybe fighting an approaching illness?

BREAKFAST: 9:15am, 2 wholewheat waffles, 2 slices of bacon, water, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5
In today's waffles, I used straight wholewheat flour, not ww pastry, and replaces white sugar with light brown sugar. Whole wheat gives a much more interesting flavor than white in this application, though there is a slight grit that I could imagine turning off a palate that is used to silky smooth white stuff. I held myself to 2 slices of bacon, rather than the usual 5 or 6, so while it's not in the rules, it's a good limit to live by. Two was lagom: Swedish for "enough is as good as a feast", words to live by...

LUNCH: 3pm, green salad, homemade mushroom brown rice, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Thought I could skip lunch because of the heavy breakfast and early dinner, but by 3 realized I was too hungry. Ate around the kitchen, stuck to the good stuff.

DINNER: 5pm, falafel platter, half a veggie burger, half an order of fries, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
With B at Petisco, the local superior diner. B didn't finish her meal, so I vacuumed it up for her.

No comments: