Wednesday, April 21

Raw

Edie was feverish last night, and that kinda informed my eating day today. With only time to throw back some tea, I got Edles to the doctor, where she was diagnosed with an ear infection. When asked if she was allergic to any medications, I had to reply, "I don't know, she's never had any medications other than tylenol." A prescription for liquid antibiotics and we were off. 

When I got home, my friend E swung by and delivered me a gallon of raw milk and some fine, fine donuts, so that was an unintentional breakfast. Just taking care of Edie, feeding her, getting everything together for school, it was a bit discombobulating and ended up having more tea instead of lunch.

In school, we had meat-day, with sauteed pork chops and meat balls, annotated with sweets. Oy. I think I may have a little bit of what Edie has, though I checked my temp and there is no fever. 

I cancelled a social engagement and came home after school, wouldn't be fair to stick B home alone with a sick baby, after she worked many more hours than me all day (and got considerably less sleep the night before.)  But Edie went down, B went down, and I toiled in the kitchen making a new supply of iced tea, churned unflavored (sweet cream?) raw milk ice cream, and made a round of whole wheat waffles featuring said milk. Productivey goodness!

The raw milk is weird and delicious -- it reminds me of buttermilk, minus the cultured tang. It's thick and creamy and smooth, with a strong fresh dairy flavor. The ice cream is going to be intense in a very subtle way.

AM SNACK: 8:45am, iced mint green tea

BREAKFAST: 11:15am, chocolate donut, glass of raw milk

PM SNACK: 1:30pm, iced mint green tea

PM SNACK: 3pm, handful of chocolate pretzels

DINNER: 6:30pm, 2 meat balls, a little spagetti & red sauce, a few cups of lemonaide, seltzer, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

EVENING SNACK: 9pm, whole wheat raw milk waffle, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: