Sunday, April 18

Sore n' happy

I was planning to wake up early and do another ride, to try to get 100 miles in for the week (because of the weather, only got 60ish in at this point), but when I woke around 8 I felt pleasantly sore, some from my weights in my chest and upper back, but mainly in my thighs and calves -- that's great news, I beat myself up good and steady yesterday morning, and will come out the stronger for it. Today I rest. And make ice cream...

Had a friend's 1 yr old b-day, monkey theme, so made "Chunky Monkey" ice cream -- blended a bunch of ripe bananas into creme Anglais, made a sheet of chocolate ganache with banana liqueur, and roasted and candied walnuts with a nice cinnamon syrup. All together, pretty rich and intense. 

Lots of red this week. Tomorrow we wipe the slate clean. Tomorrow I will try to do a first: an all-green code day. Tea, salad, sardines, fruit yes, desert, red meat, booze no....

AM SNACK: 9:45am, iced mint green tea

BREAKFAST 1: 10:30, buttermilk wholewheat waffle, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

BREAKFAST 2: 11:15pm, pumpernickel bagel with cream cheese, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH: 2pm, mac n' cheese, a couple of BBQ ribs, a cupcake, a mimosa, a little bit of homemade chunky monkey ice cream, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 5:30pm, iced mint green tea

DINNER: 7:45pm, vegetarian Indian food, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: