Saturday, May 8

The best grilled cheese I ever ate.

I originally intended to be up at 4am and out by 5am on the bike, but weather reports reported thunderstorms from 6am to noon. I woke at 8am to overcast but clear skies, but a good storm to run through briefly around 10am. During this lay-about time, I felt more and more rundown, leading me to think that hay fever is in effect. Also, Edie had been warm on the edge of fever since the night, and maybe staying home and helping out wouldn't be the worst idea.

I slept a good 10 hours, and I went to bed after a relatively small dinner around 8:30.

BREAKFAST: 8:30am, red velvet peanut butter pancakes, large glass of iced mint green tea, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
A heavy, satisfying breakfast. Left over batter from yesterday's peanut butter blowout.

LUNCH: 2:30pm, vegetarian Ethiopian food, water, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER: 6:45pm, grilled cheese sandwich with caramelized onions, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5
On nice demi hippy bread, with left over caramelized onions and a good soft pawny cheese we picked up from a local cheese monger, cooked with good European butter in a cast iron grill pan with a sandwich weight. After eating the sandwiches, Betsy and I agreed that these were the best grilled cheese sandwiches we ever ate. In song with Edie clapping away, B took credit for the idea and I took credit for the cooking. Hopefully in a few years there will be three of us saying that was the best grilled cheese ever.

No comments: